Acceptable use policy
Our network, Your Products and Services must not be used for any of the following activities, including but not limited to:
- Illegal use, including supporting or encouraging any type of illegal activities. We reserve the right to work and cooperate with the appropriate authorities and/or businesses regarding illegal use or activities.
- Harming, or attempting to harm minors in any way, including the storage, sending or receiving of child pornography.
- Threatening any person, business, organization or authority, including storing or sending material which threatens or encourages the destruction of property or bodily harm.
- Copyright infringement, including fraudulently selling items, products or services. We reserve the right to work and cooperate with the corresponding copyright holders or authorities regarding copyright infringement.
- Forgery or Impersonation, including tampering with network header information or attempting to illegally impersonate any person, business, organization or authority. The use of anonymous re-mailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation.
- Misuse of Networks and Services, including executing DDoS attacks, attempting to or accessing data not intended for you, or using excessive network resources which may result in the disruption of any Networks. We reserve the right to work and cooperate with the appropriate authorities regarding the disruption of Networks or Services.
- Unsolicited e-mailing, including spamming and mail bombing.
- IRC servers, IRC clients, IRC bots or any other IRC activities, including linking to external IRC servers.
- The use of any form of open-access/anonymous/public proxy or VPN applications, including 'web proxies' and 'ToR Relay/Exit Nodes'. (Private, personal and business VPN applications are permitted.)
- We do not allow the hosting of any types of pornography or adult-related content on Our Products and Services. Examples of such content can include, but not be limited to, erotic videos/ pictures/ stories, forums or blogs with links to third party sites containing such content.
- Our web hosting, business hosting and reseller hosting Products operate on a shared server environment, meaning that many users share the same server on which your site is also hosted. If we feel that your web hosting, business hosting and reseller hosting Product is using excessive network bandwidth or another server resource which is detrimentally affecting other user's Products, We may temporarily restrict Your Product. We will contact you regarding an upgrade to your web hosting, business hosting and reseller hosting Product, if deemed necessary. If excessive usage continues, we may take steps to permanently reduce such excessive usage, with for example the removal of some/ certain scripts, reducing allowances, or ultimately Product suspension.
- We believe you should be able to use Your Products and Services the way you wish to use them, which may include hosting a personal or business web site, sharing images and photos, storing video and music clips, and sending & receiving e-mails. However, you must not use Your Products and Services in any way which we believe, at our sole discretion, may be unlawful, indecent or objectionable.
- We do not allow the hosting of any types of pornography or adult-related content on Our Products and Services. Examples of such content can include, but not limited to, erotic videos/pictures/stories, forums or blogs with links to third party sites containing such content.
- It is your responsibility for all use Your Products and Services, including any misuse, even if misuse was not caused directly by you. Therefore, actions should be taken to ensure it is not possible for others to gain unauthorized access to any part of Your Products and Services.
- You should keep all access details including usernames and passwords secured in a safe place where access to this is restricted. It is prohibited to inform or share your access details with unauthorized users. Attempting to access or gaining access to another user’s account, Product or Service is strictly prohibited.
- We operate a zero-tolerance spam and network abuse policy. You are required to offer easily accessible opt-out procedures for bulk e-mail lists and mailshots. It is preferred for all Customers to operate SPF and DKIM on their e-mail services.
- Whilst we make reasonable efforts to ensure all IP addresses belonging to us are not listed on spam or abuse blacklists, we cannot guarantee this. Should we assign You an IP address that is blacklisted, we are willing to assist you in removing such IP address from any blacklists.
- If we believe Your Product or Service is, or has, been used in such a way that violates any part(s) of the Acceptable Use Policy as set out in clause 8, we reserve the right to instantly suspend the offending Product or Service, and in some scenarios terminate the offending Product or Service with or without informing you beforehand.